Note:Candidates with Video Profiles would be given preference while shortlisting, so kindly record and save your video interviews properly.
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Mace Macro offers a complete facilities management service for companies anywhere in the world. Operating as a consultancy, managing agent or principal contractor, with a client base that includes global brands in over 30 countries.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first – no compromise, Client focus – deliver on our promise, Create opportunity – for our people to excel, Integrity – always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
Be a part of our facilities management business that oversees work for leading organisations across the public and private sectors around the world.
Welcome Host – Part Time
To work on weekends. Saturday and Sunday to be worked around the opening hours plus extended hours during events, alternative transport requirements and busy holiday periods.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering the highest standards of service for the passengers throughout the terminals and external ticket kiosk/s, ensuring that all visitors are greeted and made to feel welcome.
- Enhancing the flight experience with a friendly professional attitude capable of interacting with passengers and visitors of all ages.
- Representing the airline image on all occasions.
- Supporting site management with health and safety issues, queue management, emergency incident plans, first aid and fire marshal.
- Actively participating in all areas of the terminals managed by the front of house team, gate-line, retail cart, ticket office, entrance/exit to the terminals, North Greenwich ticket kiosk, champagne experience, fine dining experience and other external locations in UK.
- Successfully maximising sales targets, contributing to an increase in sales.
- Managing the retail cart and including any other packages to be introduced.
- Proposing souvenir items to passengers, enhancing the passenger experience i.e. inflight guides, souvenir medal coins and souvenir(s).
- Ensuring any customer complaint is dealt with immediately with a can do approach ensuring that the customer are satisfied.
- Working constantly towards achieving a 5 star level of customer service.
- Providing accurate information to customer queries, fare pricing, local transport links and places of interest in the surrounding area.
- Adhering to the airline cash handling policy.
- Attending all training sessions to improve/refresh knowledge and gain a strong understanding of policies and procedures.
- Maintaining a constant awareness of possible risks to passengers and colleagues, informing your line manager and/or the FoH health and safety representative of any possible hazards.
- Providing assistance to the guest experience manager in organising paperwork and photocopying, maintaining stationary/ticket supplies in the ticket office, safe counts and financial checks and other requirements within reason.
- Assisting the airline group bookings department by checking the days groups due to arrive, completing a group boarding pass and preparing marketing material.
- Assisting a colleague with their tasks as and when required.
- Building a successful rapport with team members from the other departments.
- Following instructions from the Mace Macro management team.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
- Previous working experience in a customer focused environment.
- Previous experience of working within the tourist industry and /or a highly qualified environment.
- Experience working in a high volume footfall driven guest facility.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Exceptional customer service.
- Excellent time management skills
- Flexibility, effectively work on shift patterns i.e. morning shifts, evening shifts
- Experience of effective queue management
- Foreign language knowledge.
- Awareness of health and safety issues.
- Good security and Risk management
- A good team player.
- General knowledge regarding places of interest in London.
- Excellent cash handling skills.
- Competency in using Microsoft Office package.
- Educated to GCSE/A level including Maths and English.
- A health and safety qualification.
- Country GB - United Kingdom
- Job Location London
- Minimum Qualification Bachelor's
- Job Category Other
- Job Shift Day Shift
- Gender Requirement Male