Note:Candidates with Video Profiles would be given preference while shortlisting, so kindly record and save your video interviews properly.
- To ensure that the jobs assigned to the Section are completed in a manner that is in accordance to the job and safety requirements.
EDUCATIONAL / PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- A Degree in Naval Architecture/ Marine Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering or Certificate of Competency (Marine Engineer Officer) Class 1 (Motorship).
WORKING EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS
- With at least 6 years of relevant work experience, or a Diploma in Naval Architecture/ Marine Engineering or Mechanical Engineering with at least 8 years relevant work experience.
- Candidates with a Degree in any Discipline with at least 10 years of shipyard steel work experience.
- Commitment to N-KOM Core Values
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills in English
- Supervisory Skills
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office/Excel/ PowerPoint)
- Leadership Skills
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- Change Management Skills
- Good Knowledge in Drawings, Fabrications Procedures and Practices
- Good Knowledge in Safety and Quality Standards
- Good Knowledge in Welding Standards, Processes and Procedures
- Knowledge about Materials
- Knowledge about Risk Assessment
- Understanding of Manpower Allocation to meet the job requirements for various projects
- Project Management Skills
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages quality, safety and environment in accordance with the requirements of the Integrated Management System Manual.
- Ensures proper briefing to all supervisors and workers based on the defined job requirements and work instructions.
- Takes the lead in projects and guides the Engineers and foremen to execute projects in a planned manner.
- Manages VSCC, Production and section review meeting and highlights issues on SHEQS if any.
- Monitor the preparation of necessary documentation required by the project such as TQR, issue pass, work completion form (WCF), inspections reports whenever required.
- Ensures that jobs are carried out within budgeted man-hours for the vessel under his charge and provides feedback to SM and PJM with the inputs of the Work Plan.
- Manages subcontractors’ work through the subcontractor foreman / supervisor.
- Liaises with the external representative such as Owner Representative and Class Surveyor in all issues on product requirements and ensures completion of task.
- Performs other assigned duties and responsibilities by the Section Manager/ASM.
- Country QA - Qatar
- Job Location RAS LAFFAN
- Minimum Qualification Bachelor's
- Job Category Other
- Job Shift Day Shift
- Gender Requirement Male