Note:Candidates with Video Profiles would be given preference while shortlisting, so kindly record and save your video interviews properly.
• Plays an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
• Performs on-site management, supervision and coordination of all self-performed and contracted work.
• Ensures execution of field construction activities in conformance with project drawings, specifications, schedules, cost estimates, procedures, quality requirements and safety standards.
• Controls project schedule and cost through the efficient use of all construction resources and contractors.
• Oversees the development of project schedules in cooperation with the construction engineers and contractors.
• Ensures that daily and weekly short-range planning is maintained down to the Supervisor / Foreman level.
• Reviews design scope and approach with regard to constructability and submits recommendations for change.
• Meets operational standards; implementing production, productivity, quality, and standards; resolving problems;
• Manages sub-contractors by monitoring and controlling performance.
• Prevents delays/ fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing, codes.
• Updates working knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging construction practices
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests;
• Implements policies and procedures for effective and efficient functioning of the project survey team on site.
• Is responsible for the running of the project team operations (mobilisation, execution, deliverables and project close out).
• Is responsible for the quality assurance of construction, Field checks
• Determines manpower levels to attain schedule milestones and monitors manpower levels and craft mixes to ensure conformance with the construction plan.
• Monitors productivity, cost and implements appropriate action to maintain & maximum labor productivity and cost-effectiveness.
• Controls change/scope, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented and that change orders are approved prior to the performance of work.
• Manages the contractual commitments of contractors, including cost, quality, and schedule and coordinates their field activities.
• Plans and manages the projects temporary facilities.
• Maintains quality of all work in accordance with the standards as specified in the design documents
• Ensure effective construction equipment use and maintenance program.
• Administers, trains, and motivates all personnel in construction operations
• Manages and maintains all client relations at the site.
• Remains knowledgeable of safety policies and procedures and performs assigned duties in a safe manner and, while supervising others, has responsibility for their safety and ensures that they comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits
• Safety is a part of each employee’s job, active participation to the safety program is a condition of each employee’s employment in order to achieve safer working environment.
• Ensure that the HSE requirements are observed in the execution of all Construction activities,
• This is a generalist view of a Job that you have been assigned for – at times you will be ask to do above/beyond the scope of this role due to Operational requirements.
Educational Qualifications & Certifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional qualification
• Certification / Membership: Additional certifications and affiliations in Construction would be beneficial
Function specific experience:
• Organizational skills to build successful teams for completion of project tasks
• Understanding building codes, safety guidelines and regulations addressing Civil Marine Construction projects
• Supervising Project crews
• Addressing safety and other worksite concerns and issues with laborers and foremen
• Understanding how construction equipment works for inspection, operation and maintenance of this equipment.
Industry related experience:
• Marine construction
• MS Office
Year of experience :10-12 years of specific experience in managing a team
- Country AE - United Arab Emirates
- Job Location Abu Dhabi
- Minimum Qualification Bachelor's
- Job Category Other
- Job Shift Day Shift
- Gender Requirement Male