Note:Candidates with Video Profiles would be given preference while shortlisting, so kindly record and save your video interviews properly.
Project Manager – Waste Delivery Lead
The site operations waste delivery lead reports directly to the site operations service manager and is responsible for the management and operation of the waste management contract. Responsible for ensuring the efficient delivery of a singular but substantial support service in accordance with all safety, quality, time and cost parameters to meet the needs of the construction project. The waste delivery lead will provide leadership, technical input, and advice for the nominated waste contractor.
The waste delivery lead will be responsible for evaluating statistics on waste data, coordinating waste collections with other project contractors, advising project contractors on waste reduction, monitoring health, safety and environment risks, and managing budgets and reviewing all relevant contract documents.
The site operations waste delivery lead will be responsible for ensuring the integrated waste management contract offers value and efficiency to the project by effective management of the nominated waste management contractor. This will include monitoring, reporting and assessing the performance of the contractor against agreed KPI’s but also developing the waste service itself. Significant scope exists for further defining and improving the integrated waste service to improve the value offered to the project, but also to improve recycling rates and decrease diversion to landfill.
In 2019, the first phase of a purpose built Waste Consolidation Centre will open which will enhance the ability of the nominated waste contractor to deliver a world class service to the wider project. The waste delivery lead will input into the ongoing design and operation of this facility through to completion of the waste contract.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing day to day provision of project’s waste management service through the appointed contract partner.
- Completing the roll out of the integrated waste management service to all remaining tier 1 contractors.
- Establishing operation of the Waste Consolidation Centre.
- Driving towards ‘zero to landfill’ for all onwards waste disposal.
- Promoting client’s sustainability ambitions in relation to waste management.
- Ensuring the highest standards of environmental compliance are maintained in respect to waste management and application of BAT (best available techniques).
- Managing and be directly responsible for a specific service contract valued at circa £80m [full project lifecycle].
- Being accountable for ensuring all statutory, regulatory and site permits are complied.
- Forming effective relationships with their service contract partner and champion; clarity, respect, positivity, humility and integrity.
- Ensuring the contract partners team are fully competent to perform their assigned roles – and that any shortfalls are reported to the service manager without delay.
- Developing and implementing plans to ensure service delivery meets or exceeds the expectations and project work schedule.
- Ensuring early intervention to avoid any escalation of issues affecting service delivery by working in the spirit of a ‘one team approach’.
- Chairing monthly waste management meetings with the contractor’s waste leads.
- Liaising regularly with the environment agency.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
- Recent and relevant in-depth knowledge and experience in a service supply environment.
- Project management experience in a service lead environment.
- Experience of working in a high security environment.
- Capable understanding of statistics and budgets. Experience of working with and developing budgets is beneficial.
- Proven experience within a large project environment.
- Excellent communication skills and able to strike up effective working relationships.
- Must be willing to work with our local supply chain partners in a cooperative way.
- Proficiency in general office and IT abilities.
- Being confident in own abilities and be able to deliver in a dynamic environment.
- Willingness to learn from both successes and failures.
- Ability to clearly explain legislation issues.
- Ability to create reports.
- A relevant degree qualification or equivalent in a related subject.
- Recognised and certificated ‘Behavioural Safety Programme’.
- Recent IOSH accreditation or equivalent.
- COTC qualification in non-hazardous waste management.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Waste Managers.
- Country GB - United Kingdom
- Job Location Bristol
- Minimum Qualification Bachelor's
- Job Category Other
- Job Shift Day Shift
- Gender Requirement Male