Note:Candidates with Video Profiles would be given preference while shortlisting, so kindly record and save your video interviews properly.
The main responsibilities of this job holders is to collects biomedical data for research, conducts bioinformatics analysis on genomics data and analyzes and processes biomedical data, conducts statistical analysis, experiment design and database development.
- Collects biomedical data for research.
- Conducts bioinformatics analysis on genomics data.
- Analyzes and processes biomedical data, conducts statistical analysis, experiment design and database development.
- Performs scientific research with highest standards.
- Performs scientific research on high throughput data such as micro-array and next generation sequencing.
- Acts as a liaison who understands molecular biology and bioinformatics – and does the interpretation between the two groups.
- Communicates results/findings to the relevant scientific community via published papers.
- Works closely with PI’s and Scientists and understand their needs from the bioinformatics group.
- Collaborates with other organisation members to apply the results of research and/or develop new techniques or practices.
- Presents ongoing work and findings to colleagues both local and in academic conferences.
- Adheres to organisation standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Adheres to and promotes Organisation Values.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- PhD degree in bioinformatics or relevant field.
- Academic research experience with publications in peer-reviewed academic journals and/or conferences.
- Experience in biomedical data analysis.
- Knowledge of bioinformatics tools and databases.
- Strong genomics analysis experience, especially next generation sequencing data analysis.
- Working experience with high dimensional data sets such as genomics, proteomics and metabolomics.
- Experience in computer algorithms and computational software development.
- Good background in quantitative methods and statistics.
- Strong experience in Java, Python and Scala.
- Experience with Apache Spark.
- Knowledge of GA4GH APIs.
- High level of Technical skills.
- Skilled in programming and/or scripting languages.
- Excellent interpersonal and communicative skills.
- Knowledgeable in scientific research methods and evaluation of research results, and ability to develop and maintain own knowledge and skills at the forefront of field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and MacOS.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Country QA - Qatar
- Job Location Doha
- Minimum Qualification Bachelor's
- Job Category Other
- Job Shift Day Shift
- Gender Requirement Male