Note:Candidates with Video Profiles would be given preference while shortlisting, so kindly record and save your video interviews properly.
- Identify, select and design piping systems for various new build / Conversion / RIAP / repair projects related to marine and offshore.
- Undertake design and verification of calculations (including auxiliary equipment capacities), as required.
- Generate P&ID’s, PFD’s, system design philosophies and piping material specifications.
- Prepare class and statutory documentation.
- Prepare piping layout drawings (or 3-d model) as input for production design.
- Witnessing factory acceptance tests for equipment’s and attends dock trials and sea trials.
- Participate in design reviews and take necessary follow up actions.
- Write technical specifications for shipboard equipment, valves, piping components.
- Various calculations like pressure / flow analysis, piping stress analysis, Heat balance
- Proficient with software such as:
- CAESAR II or other piping stress analysis software.
- 3D modelling software like Cadmatic, PDMS or other.
- Piping flow and pressure drop software.
- Good material code knowledge of ASME Sec II, NORSOK, other international standards used in offshore industry.
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Project.
- 7 – 10 years relevant experience in shipyard, offshore / Oil & Gas industry in Engineering design office.
- Conversant with international codes like ASME, DIN, EN, NORSOK, JIS
- Conversant with Ship Classification rules, IMO / SOLAS regulations.
- Broad knowledge of designing of piping systems in basic, detail and production stages for piping systems of marine ships, offshore drilling rigs, FPSOs / FSRUs conversion.
- Strong background with resolution of technical issues during projects planning and execution phases.
- Country AE - United Arab Emirates
- Job Location Dubai
- Minimum Qualification Bachelor's
- Job Category Other
- Job Shift Day Shift
- Gender Requirement Male