Note:Candidates with Video Profiles would be given preference while shortlisting, so kindly record and save your video interviews properly.
- Responsible for ensuring the implementation and enforcement of HSSE rules and regulations in all work activities in the yard premises and in assigned projects.
- Responsible for providing overall assistance in the implementation and enforcement of all FIT work activities, procedures, policies and other responsibilities on firefighting, life-saving, emergency response and pollution control, inspection, maintenance and provision of equipment and other facilities as needed and required.
- Responsible for gas-free, recording of data and ensure that the values are within the permissible limits of the yard else bring it to the notice of his immediate superior.
- Responsible for sharing all HSSE observations, incidents, accident and/or hazard reports that he had spotted or witnessed or rectified to his immediate superior.
- Must have hands-on knowledge on working with a probe gas meter and portable gas meter.
EDUCATIONAL / PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of Secondary Education
- NEBOSH IGC certification is mandatory.
- Authorized Gas Tester
- H2S BA Trained
- Relevant training in advance firefighting, emergency rescue and pollution control operation
WORKING EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Safety out of which a minimum of 2 years in a similar position.
- Have work experience as a firefighter and as rescuer of personnel
1) People & Teamwork (Interpersonal Skills)
2) Good English Communication Skills (oral and written)
3) Knowledge of Shipyard Operations
4) Ability to work with minimum or no supervision
5) Ability to follow instructions (oral and written)
6) Basic Rigging and Signaling
1) Knowledge and understanding of SHEQS Policy, 5 Key Safety Principles, High Impact Risk Activities (HIRA), HSSE Procedures and Work Instructions
2) Knowledge and understanding of basic health and environmental regulations
3) Knowledge and understanding of basic firefighting, and rescue techniques
4) Knowledge and understanding of basic first aid and life-saving methodologies
5) Knowledge of confined space hazards and gas monitoring methods
6) Computer Literacy (MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
7) Basic First Aid
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Executes and carries out all required firefighting, emergency rescue and pollution control drills and other related emergency drills.
2) Executes real firefighting, real emergency rescue and real pollution control and other related real emergencies that may arise in N-KOM’s premises and on-board vessels.
3) Inspection and installation of all firefighting, life-saving, emergency rescue, pollution control tools and equipment and other facilities across N-KOM’s premises and on-board vessels and ensures availability as and when needed.
4) Maintains record and the appropriate storage and quantity of all firefighting, life-saving, emergency rescue, pollution control tools and equipment and orders new equipment.
5) Assists the Project Team to install firefighting on board vessels.
6) Conducts Monthly Fire Extinguishers Inspections.
7) Conducts regular gas monitoring of confined spaces and update status on the tank/confined space status chart.
8) Monitors hazardous operations conducted between different trades or contractors and ensures that they are properly coordinated and carried out safely.
9) Conducts patrols in all hot work areas and confined spaces on board vessels and ensures that dedicated personnel have been deployed.
10) Conducts compliance checks / inspections to identify unsafe acts, conditions and equipment and reports identified findings.
11) Installs all firefighting, life-saving, emergency rescue, pollution control tools and equipment in all facilities across N-KOM premises and on-board vessels to ensure availability as and when needed.
12) Ensures all personnel comply with the standard requirement of personal protective equipment and HSE requirement at all times.
- Country QA - Qatar
- Job Location RAS LAFFAN
- Minimum Qualification Bachelor's
- Job Category Other
- Job Shift Day Shift
- Gender Requirement Male