Note:Candidates with Video Profiles would be given preference while shortlisting, so kindly record and save your video interviews properly.
Job Summary and Purpose:
Provides the technical & technological problem-solving ability of design engineering and planning abilities in order to input to the operational performance of complex Offshore engineering Projects in close coordination with commercial (estimating), production (workshops) and operations (Project management & Planning) departments.
To execute & lead a team when required, to technically Oversee Structural Engineering Activities for any marine Project (& offshore as required)
- Provides technical and critical business inputs to the design engineering process in the phases such as problem definition, conceptual design, preliminary design, detailed design, and design communication.
- Aware of latest industry practice for rigs & structures and applies this to projects as value creating technical input.
- Aware of latest marine industry practice for offshore structures, New build Jack up rigs, MOPUS, knowledge of design of various type of offshore structures like Jackets, TOP sides (WHP, LQ, Process platforms) as per client requirement, Offshore regulations, Class rules & vendor drawings with proper calculations.
- Reviews contract technical documents and develops work scope.
- Prepares technical clarifications and assigns work to Engineers and Assistant Engineers.
- Coordinates with client, classification society & vendors on technical requirements of project.
- Reviews structural designs & calculations developed by third party designers Section Engineers.
- Prepares FE analysis for various Marine & Offshore structures like, helideck, crane columns, LQ, substructures, equipment foundations, jack cases, tanks etc. Carry out Lifting plans, lift analysis, Roll Up analysis & Load out methodologies.
- Reviews vendor designs & quotations and advises production & purchasing department.
- Reviews technical clarifications & drawings prepared by Asst. Engineer/Designer.
- Reviews drawings, and owner/class comments.
- Resolves site issues and give solutions to production.
- Identifies and create potential change orders as per technical scope of work.
- Advises Head of Offshore on technical issues to ensure class compliance & owner comments.
- Ensuring that Engineering deliverables are completed as per the Agreed project schedule & With acceptable Quality.
- Proper delegation of work to the Structural designer & ensuring the Engineering KPIs for Structural Engineering department is achieved.
- Guiding the Structural designers to develop drawings in accordance with the contract specifications
- Estimate the Manhours Structural Engineering during the Bidding stage of the project.
- Monitor the manhours spent by the electrical designers in development of Piping drawings upon award of project.
- Evaluate the Comments from Client and identify potential Change orders
- Ensure that drawings are issued in line with the safety requirements of the yard & the Classification rules.
- Ensures that design meets All the statutory code requirements specified in the contract.
- Displays safe behaviour on site and in the office
- Ensures Drawings & design are produced to meet the Contract technical specs & Class rules.
- Works along with the designer to produce drawings to meet the Department KPIs for quality.
Key Result Areas:
- The delivery of best practice Engineering services for defined marine repair, conversion and new building & offshore jobs within the work stream and as aligned with the yard strategy.
- Fit for purpose engineering design and drawing work within minimal to no re-work.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Degree /Diploma in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in Marine structural design, knowledge of structural calculations and FE Analysis.
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in Marine & Offshore design, preferably in shipyard.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Jack Up Drilling Rigs New Build, Repair and Conversion
- Knowledge of Marine Structures for LPG/LNG design and installation
- Knowledge of All Class Rules for Various Primary and Secondary Structures for Ship and MODU
- Knowledge of marine & drilling equipment functions, design limitations & applications for ships, jack up rig
- Knowledge of Marine and Offshore System Design and Operations
- Ability to Read and Understand Structure Outfitting Details, Welding Requirements, Construction Methodology
- Ability to Conceptualize and Draw Design Details with Minimum Instructions from Structural Engineer
- Ability to Conduct Site Survey and Resolve Site Interference Issues
- Ability to Prepare Detailed Structural MTO & Weight Calculation
- Country QA - Qatar
- Job Location RAS LAFFAN
- Minimum Qualification Bachelor's
- Job Category Other
- Job Shift Day Shift
- Gender Requirement Male