Note:Candidates with Video Profiles would be given preference while shortlisting, so kindly record and save your video interviews properly.
Job Summary and Purpose
Liaise with Customs as a representative of the Shipping Agency and guarantee compliance with Government rules and Port regulations while conducting Customs’ formalities.
Document Preparation & Submission:
1. Coordinate with Agents and, if necessary, advice on completion of vessel and cargo related Customs formalities for compliance with laws and regulations.
2. Prepare the cargo manifest for the vessel and its cargo.
3. Procure the required NIL and Product manifests by submitting clearance documents for approval by Customs. Submit original documents for record purposes.
4. Conduct precise distribution of all manifest copies to their respective sections to ensure the same during final disbursement.
5. Prepare Arabic letters, as per requirement, for submission to Customs bodies.
6. Calculate and pay the Customs duties and levies.
7. Monitor the expenditure and enter the costs against respective WBS.
8. Maintain detailed logs of the expenditure for replenishment or credit cards.
Quality, Health, Safety & Environment
9. Adhere to all relevant IMS policies, procedures, instructions and controls so that NAC provides safe, worldclass, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures:
10. Follow all relevant departmental policies and procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
11. Carry out any other duties as directed by the immediate supervisor.
Key Result Areas
• Ensure complete compliance of submitted Customs documents with laws and regulations and acceptance of the documents by Customs
• Ensure accurate expenditure logs with zero errors
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Secondary school diploma or higher
• Should have passed the customs license qualification, if not should have the minimum requirements to enroll for the customs course
• Should hold a valid Qatar driving license
• 2 to 4 years of experience, preferably in a customs and shipping environment
• Experience in Windows application (MS Office Suite) maybe an advantage
Job Specific Skills:
• Understanding of the local government rules and regulations regarding the shipping environment
• Strong understanding of Qatari Customs regulations
• Use of Windows based software (MS Office suite) and SAP will be an added advantage
- Country QA - Qatar
- Job Location RAS LAFFAN
- Minimum Qualification Bachelor's
- Job Category Other
- Job Shift Day Shift
- Gender Requirement Male