Note:Candidates with Video Profiles would be given preference while shortlisting, so kindly record and save your video interviews properly.
Be a part of our project management consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where you can oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
The construction manager will be acting as construction superintendent in the client organisation in a site based role in West Somerset and will be deemed an expert in his/her field and manage a team of field engineers to take responsibility for activities in the field relating to construction surveillance and it’s on site facilitation. They will form part of a team with the primary role to deliver on the NEC supervisor duties described in the NEC contract and ensure that client quality needs, targets and expectations are realised.
The construction superintendent is responsible for the surveillance of quality compliance within the designated section of the Works in accordance with client’s surveillance strategy requirements.
The construction superintendent will report to the client NEC supervisor for day to day guidance. The team he/she leads will input into site wide management issues and a high level of interaction and coordination with other operational members of the site wide team will be required. In addition to reporting and liaising responsibilities, the construction superintendent will be required to adhere to (and suggest enhancements and improvements to) company policies, procedures and protocols for construction, procurement, health and safety and other functions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the team of field engineers achieve a broad range of competence to deliver their areas of accountability and responsibility.
- Liaising with the NEC supervisor to advice of any issues that come to light that should be addressed contractually, such as issues requiring notices.
- Participating in tier 1 contractor risk workshops as required and promote cross site technical information flow.
- Attending and contributing to the team, project, client and third party meetings as required.
- Providing advice to project and construction teams on quality matters.
- Striving to identify potential quality issues before they arrive to enable mitigating actions.
- Bringing to the attention of the NEC Supervisor any items found to require design resolution.
- Developing and maintaining an understanding of the design obligations of the designers and contractors.
- Developing an understanding of the design document and drawing approvals processes to understand what documents are approved for construction use.
- Ensuring design decisions are not taken “in the field” by the client or contractors, but are considered and approved via a formal process.
- Ensuring the execution of works are in accordance with approved risk assessments, method statements, design and specification.
- Ensuring that each package has an approved quality control plan in place prior to works commencement and ensure that contractors are complying with such plans.
- Monitoring and ensuring that quality inspection records are taken and agreed before works are covered up.
- Ensuring that construction drawings are approved and fit for construction.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
- Extensive previous working experience in the delivery of large complex projects.
- Solid experience in the role on a variety of major projects.
- Proven experience of writing diaries which are accurate, concise and with relevance to the particular form of contract.
- Background in managing the installation and erection of large civil works, and mechanical or electrical plant.
- Familiarity in use of electronic hand held devices to capture information.
- Broad knowledge of construction techniques with high technical expertise across their specific types of construction and forms of contract.
- Good working knowledge of the NEC, ECC and FIDIC contracts.
- General understanding of design obligations under CDM Regulations along with an understanding of the document and drawing approvals processes.
- Capability in motivating and energising staff by building a climate of trust and understanding and actively seeking alternative views and opinions.
- Ability to work within a high performing team that continuously outperforms expectations and objectives.
- Strong management skills.
- Excellent organisation and delegation skills.
- Strong communication skills in English and knowledge of French is beneficial.
- A minimum of HND in civil, mechanical, electrical engineering or construction management qualification or equivalent vocational training and experience.
- Country GB - United Kingdom
- Job Location Bristol
- Minimum Qualification Bachelor's
- Job Category Other
- Job Shift Day Shift
- Gender Requirement Male