Note:Candidates with Video Profiles would be given preference while shortlisting, so kindly record and save your video interviews properly.
JOB SUMMARY: Represent principals and provide other services to masters and principals as may be required for cost efficient and timely turnaround of their vessels that call at Port of Qatar.
Liaise with Principals:
1. Maintain healthy communication and reply to Principals/Masters query.
2. Manage day to day operations and keep Principals informed as appropriate.
3. Ensure cost efficient and timely turnaround of vessels by coordinating with all parties related to cargo operations, departures and vessels berthing.
4. Visit the ship at the time of arrival/departure and such other times as may be required
5. Arrange for inward and outward clearances of vessel by getting all arrival and departure formalities completed with customs and immigration.
6. Ensure that all supplies, crew change and other services as may be requested by Master are arranged in a timely manner.
Management of Funds:
7. Ensure funds are received into agency account prior to berthing. Also analyze port/marine/agency charges and ensure Performa Disbursement Account is sent to the clients in a timely manner.
8. Disburse Final Distribution Account to principals on receipt of invoices and departure of vessels.
9. Ensure all documentation is prepared prior to arrival and at time of departure in a timely manner.
10. Ensure that details of vessel arrival/departure and expenses incurred are updated in relevant systems.
Scheduling and Coordination between parties:
11. Coordinate the arrival and launch times with the ship’s schedule, synchronizing vendor request, arrival dates and needs or directions from the pilot or captain.
12. Ensure a berth for the incoming ship as well as arrange for the pilot and the tugs if necessary.
· Diploma in Business Studies, Business Administration or in related discipline
· Any course in shipping with be added advantage
· Should hold valid Qatar driving license
2 to 5 years of experience in shipping agency operations
Job Specific Skills:
· Good knowledge of safety, commercial and statutory requirements and regulations applicable to ports and vessels.
· Good knowledge of Windows Software and Microsoft office suit. Knowledge of SAP application will be added advantage.
· Fluency in English (speaking, writing, reading). Arabic will be an advantage.
- Country QA - Qatar
- Job Location Doha
- Minimum Qualification Bachelor's
- Job Category Other
- Job Shift Day Shift
- Gender Requirement Male