Note:Candidates with Video Profiles would be given preference while shortlisting, so kindly record and save your video interviews properly.
Be a part of our project management consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where you can oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our UK and European hub started in 1990 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering contracting, construction management, project and programme management, facilities management and cost consultancy services.
Assistant Project Manager – Utilities
The assistant project manager will report directly to the senior project manager or client’s programme manager/regional lead, as required.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the delivery of identified capital, infrastructure or water network management (WNM) projects with the focus on budget, schedule and quality output.
- Managing directly, and in certain circumstances liaise with others in the management of and engagement with a set of internal and external stakeholders, including technical services providers, internal and external project managers (including local authority project managers), asset management, asset operations, HSQE and all departments, to ensure project timescales are met.
- Procuring (where appropriate), managing and directing a diverse range of consultant expertise across a multi- disciplinary set of skills.
- Overseeing the management of construction project design, estimation and project planning including all relevant statutory processes, procurement management and maintenance forecasting, working closely with all departments (e.g. asset management, HSQE, communications, customer operations and asset operations departments).
- Managing the project control, including resourcing and service delivery requirements, ensuring consultant supervision where relevant and approving all payment certificates.
- Managing the production and approval of project delivery plans, contractor plans, cash flow projections and earned value analysis.
- Managing the day to day construction service providers for capital projects, including conformance and compliance.
- Supervising the project close-out activities, including commissioning and handover to operations and maintenance.
- Providing input in the ongoing development of new templates, documents, systems and processes for project/programme management to incorporate lessons learned and efficiencies.
- Performing any other duties delegated by the project manager, senior project manager or client’s programme management team.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing large or multiple infrastructure, capital projects or programmes (ideally in the water utility).
- Capability of mobilising and managing the supply chain, including design, planning and construction services.
- Strong knowledge and experience in project/programme management, contract management (i.e. through use of major contract forms e.g. NEC3, FIDIC or similar), strategic planning, methodologies and construction delivery best practice.
- Familiarity in using project, programme and finance management tools such as Oracle and Primavera P6 or similar.
- Background in managing a varied team, commercial contract management and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven track record with dealing with complex issues, proactively and in a timely fashion, along with the ability to communicate complex information to all stakeholders.
- Proven ability to successfully implement and execute programmes and drive high performance.
- Strong business acumen with financial perspective in the forefront.
- With a relevant third level qualification preferably in engineering or related project management discipline.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
- Country IE - Ireland
- Job Location Dublin
- Minimum Qualification Bachelor's
- Job Category Other
- Job Shift Day Shift
- Gender Requirement Male