Note:Candidates with Video Profiles would be given preference while shortlisting, so kindly record and save your video interviews properly.
Assistant Project Manager
Within the multi-disciplinary team (MDT), the assistant project manager will be based in Bristol, and will have a diverse role in supporting the project manager(s) with the delivery of the works during all project lifecycle phases (design, procurement, manufacturing, delivery, installation, commissioning) within the following tasks areas:
- Health, safety and environmental management
- Nuclear construction excellence support
- Design management (deployed through the supplier, contract engineering leads, and technical management and acceptance (TMA) teams)
- Change management
- Quality management and reporting
- Schedule review and progress reporting
- Financial assessment, control and budget reporting
- Contract administration support and reporting
- Risk and opportunity management synopsis and reporting
- Stakeholder liaison and influencing
- Process improvement
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating and recording meetings with key project stakeholders (internal and external).
- Supporting, coordinating and attending multi-disciplinary team and programme management meetings.
- Organising and coordinating of technical engineering, cost, contractor and scheduling meetings on behalf of the project manager.
- Assisting with the management of technical meetings and driving resolution of technical issues.
- Tracking and management of documentation.
- Encouraging actively to identify and implementation of process improvement initiatives and promoting continual development of challenging collaborative working behaviours to maintain efficient and effective delivery relationships between design, procurement, pre-construction planning and construction teams.
- Producing of project documentation required to successfully deliver the project scope.
- Developing and implementing management systems, as required, supporting delivery and quality as specified by the project controls department.
- Ensuring that wider client arrangements are implemented, as appropriate, within the programme of works and advising the management team of any necessary actions to ensure this.
- Facilitating internal communications within the project delivery team and the wider project teams.
- Interfacing with other teams within client’s on specific tasks as required, under the direction of the project manager.
- Helping the PM or other members of the sub-programme tackle emerging challenges as an when we arise.
- Directing, supporting and assisting on tasks required to support the project manager’s delivery of the project and contract scope for the project.
- Liaising and interfacing with the other key teams within NNB on specific tasks which are required to support the principle task of delivery of the project and contract scope for the project.
- Developing, implementing and providing ongoing support towards the use of management systems which will support delivery and quality of the outputs from the project controls department, including planning and document control processes.
- Participating in providing support to the team with regard to compliance with approved NNB procedures.
- Participating in developing the relationships with key statutory stakeholders for the project.
- Managing the project delivery of documents required to secure project delivery including those required for ONR L4 meetings. This will include the overall planning schedule, as well as detailed schedules for associated technical work streams.
- Ensuring that a full and auditable archive of project decisions is maintained to document the project evolution and history.
- Supporting the project management functions of the technical work streams to help ensure they are completed on time and on budget, supporting the management of commercial and technical Work through all phases of the project.
- Supporting the development of joint management team and collaborative working charter to reinforce working behaviours against agreed principles and objectives.
- Supporting the commercial and programme managers in the preparation of necessary budget justifications, PRODEM papers and other approvals to the NNB client’s project board.
- Providing support to some of the technical contract leads in negotiations with suppliers in order to develop a robust contracting strategy.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
- Background in implementing of project management and organisational skills, which has been secured by practical experience and a qualification.
- Proven experience of managing projects through the project lifecycle from concept to handover.
- Good knowledge of CDM Regulations.
- Understanding the needs of quality and how quality is assured and controlled.
- Familiarity in use of PowerBI.
- Exceptional people management skills, with the ability to build relationships, influence and work collaboratively within complex, internal and external, multidisciplinary groups.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, ability to communicate effectively and interact with senior managers.
- Ability to display and communicate a logical thought process, with excellent analytical skills, including capabilities for budget analysis and forecasting.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to cope well under pressure and within tight timeframes.
- Ability to undertake individual working to a high level of attention to detail.
- HNC/HND or degree in an engineering, construction, Physics or other related field.
- Master in a technical field i.e preferably in electrical or in mechanical, manufacturing and etc
- Country GB - United Kingdom
- Job Location Bristol
- Minimum Qualification Bachelor's
- Job Category Other
- Job Shift Day Shift
- Gender Requirement Male