Note:Candidates with Video Profiles would be given preference while shortlisting, so kindly record and save your video interviews properly.
Assistant Design Manager – Fit-out
Mace Interiors are recruiting for an experienced design manager to join their rapidly growing business. You will be a central point of contact assigned to multiple CAT A and CAT B commercial fit-out projects ranging in values.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Participating as part of the senior management team on a number of bids in the London area, where you would be given the opportunity to see awarded projects through the entire life cycle.
- Managing multiple smaller projects (with or without project based design management resource). This will be decided on a project basis.
- Working under a principal design manager and taking control of a section of a very large project of work across a framework of projects.
- Providing role specific technical expertise in design management and act as focal point for all technical design related matters on projects or delegate such responsibility to project based design manager.
- Guiding operational reporting on project specific issues to project manager or sector design director.
- Assisting in the work winning process by providing technical support to the Mace bid team and where requested fulfil the role of bid manager.
- Assisting the head of design/sector design director in the implementation of continuous improvement programmes.
- Interfacing with design teams/designers both within and outside of a specific projects structure.
- Interfacing with third parties including statutory approving bodies on design related matters.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Previous experience as an interior designer on commercial office fit-out, or design management experience within fit-out.
- Extensive proven experience in delivering CAT A and CAT B fit-out projects.
- Experience in creating technical write up’s for technical submissions.
- Experience in working on fast pace projects.
- Track record working for top fit-out contractor.
- Strong IT skills.
- A degree or masters in a construction related topic.
- Certification in SMSTS and CSCS.
- First aid trained.
- Country GB - United Kingdom
- Job Location London
- Minimum Qualification Bachelor's
- Job Category Other
- Job Shift Day Shift
- Gender Requirement Male